Thursday, February 16, 2012

The reason for ...

I feel the great need to explain my self, my idea, my blog.

When I think of my life, so much of it revolves around food: happy times eating an ice cream cone in the sun at a park, sad times eating a tub of ice cream on the couch watching teary movie, celebratory times eating double scoop swiss chocolate ice cream w/ luscious strawberries... you get the idea.

Much of one's life is reflected in food.

Last year, I moved halfway across the world, to a continent completely foreign and friendless, for love. During my initial time here, I found it hard to share/convey what I was experiencing, seeing, missing. I probably needed some time to digest everything myself.

Half a year later, we took a long X-mas holiday (postponed honeymoon). Being sick for a large part of the trip, I rediscovered my intense love, perhaps insatiable yearning, for yumyum food and all flavours/textures strange and "exotic". I'd like to think it reflects my joie de vivre...

So now, when I'm finally ready to share and express... I want to share my life through food!!!


No comments: