Friday, February 17, 2012

Comfort Food

I came across this article from the NY times, the other day. I love the way she relates foods to emotions, even hope.

And I can't be so exact to think of a specific moment that a food reminds me of, but there are definitely foods that can make you feel comforted... especially being so very far away from the comfort of home.

As much as I love, appreciate and know the importance of food from scratch w/ good, fresh raw ingredients.... I have to admit, this is one of my favorite comfort foods:
Yup, that's right! Instant noodles full of crap. This particular one is one of my absolute favorite brands, but there is also a black and red ramen one that I love. And here are my reasons:
- so much flavor!
- works for my carb cravings
- warm and cozy
- INstant (minimal work)
Actually, come to think of it, it is my emotional-comfort food. So when I feel a bit down and out, this makes me feel better... and makes me feel like:
a) i'm still capable of feeding myself (no matter how down i get)
b) full belly usually leads to happiness... in my case
c) i still feel flavor
d) things are going to get better (because it did last time i ate it!)

And my getting better (from a flu usually) food is stir-fried crunchy broccoli. Love the crunch and the freshness of the green, green broccoli.

Hmmm...... perhaps, I'm a bit strange. I wonder what one's comfort food says about the personality!

No comments: